Sunday, June 18, 2006


The pamphlet from the Singapore Science Center. This was the first open public display of the CDK. We were in the "Future" Section.
I spent nearly every Saturday and Sunday at the booth, explaining and demonstrating.
The youngest user was a 4 year old girl , who seemed to really like the CDK, though she was disappointed because we didn't have horses amongst all the models we DO have.
The oldest user(excluding parents) was a 13 year old boy who immediately went to the command section and began to start checking things out.
The most surprising experience involved the boy who asked me if cars could fly. I said yes, but to do that you need to go to the attachment section and that, because the CDK makes every attempt to be true to the laws of physics, it would take some trial and error to get the wings positioned properly...

He shrugged and I ran off to make a phone call.

When I came back, he had placed three islands in the air, one above the other. He started his game on the uppermost island, and then drove off of it...and the car flew! He landed on the next island, drove around and then flew through the air again!

I should conclude by saying that my demo was 30 seconds. Literally.
The 4 year old girl who was making a 3D world and wondering where the horses were only had a 30 second demonstration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home